Skip to main content

Little is Noteworthy

I love people. At the core of my being, I am just the biggest people-person. Of course I enjoy grand gestures and interactions of recognition and love between me and another person, but sometimes the little things stick out more. Here are some examples:
  • When people address me by name, whether it's in writing or dialogue
  • People that hold doors open for others-I'm also impressed by my own friends that hold doors open for me
  • When I come home from school and my dad has bought bananas for me (I'm the only one in my family that eats them)
  • When my friends ask about my family and their well-being
  • Anyone who gives me support before an audition
  • People who applaud the victories of their acquaintances and friends, no matter how big or small
  • People who know how to drop a subject when they can clearly see I'm uncomfortable talking about it
  • If you recommend songs to me or make me a mix cd
  • When my friends talk kindly of me to their other friends
  • When my friends don't bash friends of mine that they aren't fond of
  • PEOPLE WHO SMILE OR NOD OR MAKE SOME SORT OF GESTURE THAT ACKNOWLEDGES MY EXISTENCE
  • When someone uses the phrase, "this made me think of you" 
  • People who notice or remember little details about me
  • People who ask how my day was and genuinely want to hear my response
  • People who are gracious and polite to waiters/waitresses
  • When someone starts another conversation in the middle of mine and there's that one friend who keeps listening to me
  • When something awkward happens and I make eye contact with the one other person who witnessed it
  • When someone remembers what makes me laugh and they bring it up often
  • People who can hold a conversation with me over text. (You can't text back one sentence when I send several paragraphs and not expect me to feel like a bother)
  • When girls can sincerely compliment each other
  • When my mom sends me letters at college just for the heck of it 
  • People who are unapologetically themselves

Life goes by fast and sometimes we don't realize the great big moments have passed until they're gone. So remember those little daily occurrences that warm your heart, because in reality, they're not all that little. <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tell Me About the Good

Last weekend, I said goodbye to another really enjoyable theatre experience. I was a part of the cast for the show I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change . It's a musical that explores the trials and triumphs a myriad of characters face when it comes to dating and mating. I vaguely knew of this show before auditioning, but for the most part, it was all new to me. There was rich humor evident in both song and dialogue, which excited me since I'm not someone who takes herself very seriously, especially when it comes to the complex world of dating 😬. It was a gift to tackle material that had me laughing often, and delighting in all the ridiculousness the theatrical creative process can offer. Oddly, even with all that comedy present, I did find myself latching onto the moving moments of the writing. Working on this show encouraged me to reminisce on matters of both the mind and heart . In this post, I lay out some discoveries, as well as input from others who I ask

Glimpses Underneath the Surface

        I want to write about how I believed myself to be beautiful when younger, and how much I struggle to now.   I didn't dwell on my deviated septum when I was a kid. Hell, I don't even think I knew I had one until high school. I loved taking pictures of myself, regardless of if I had makeup on or had styled my hair. I wore pajamas, dance costumes, and matching sweatsuits on any given day because I felt cute and comfortable in them. I was unconcerned with the terms "muffin top" or "love handles," and couldn't tell you the difference between a scissor and a flutter kick. I watched TV shows and movies that starred gorgeous actresses, but I identified with their spirit before ever considering comparing my appearance. I am trying to find my way back to that internal knowing of my worth.  Wet hair, pajamas that barely cover my burgeoning belly, and a pool stick positioned in the most unfortunate place it could be. Ah yes, that's the Libby I reco

Always Taking Notes

     I was talking to someone recently about how post-grad life feels, and I tried to articulate how weird it is to know I won't be returning to school again in the fall. Something that has been so routine and dependable for more than a decade of my life has changed. I'm aware that there are ways school can become a staple in my life again, such as attending grad school or teaching, but for now I'm attempting to make peace with the unknown and uncover the excitement that can come from no predetermined obligations. My schedule is really mine to do what I want with; that's crazy!      Something else I expressed to this person is that while I may not be immersed in a schooling environment, I still like to describe myself as a student. I truly do love learning in its many forms, and I think if you shut yourself off from it once you leave a formal education setting then you're going to miss out on a lot of growing opportunities. Life itself is probably the ultimate teac